We’re pleased to announce the first annual AtomaCon Short Film Festival! As a growing convention devoted to sci-fi/fantasy and art, it is only fitting to introduce a film festival in our second year. We hope to give local and international filmmakers the chance to showcase their cinematic triumphs in the genres of sci-fi, fantasy, paranormal, horror, and fandom.
All submissions must be received no later than midnight on September 26, 2014.
RULES AND SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Submissions open April 15, 2014.
- All films must be under 30 minutes in length, including credits.
- All films must be complete and ready to be shown in their entirety.
- All entries must be accompanied by a brief synopsis and biography of the filmmakers via a completed submission form. ( Available here: http://atomacon.org/film-festival.html) also available via mobile devices here: http://m.atomacon.org
- Please submit your film digitally, in .wma, .mpeg or .avi format, via our Dropbox.
- Please email us when you’re ready to enter at email@example.com. In this email, please attach your completed application form, and tell us what name your PayPal entry fee is under.
- When we confirm your payment, we will invite you to our Dropbox. There, you can drag and drop your film into its own dedicated folder, where it will be kept private and partitioned from other filmmakers.
- When we successfully receive your film, we will email you with a confirmation letter of receipt.
- If you have difficulty uploading to the Dropbox, please let us know and we will make other arrangements.
- Each individual is allowed up to 3 submissions, but must pay the entry fee for each.
- While we expect some zombies and gore, please do not include full-frontal nudity or torture porn in your submissions. We will advise parents to use discretion when bringing their younger children to the film festival, but we hope this is an event that most ages can enjoy.
- All submissions require an entry fee of $10 USD payable to AtomaCon.
- Students may submit their films for a $5 USD fee, with a scanned copy of their school ID or class schedule.
- Please pay this fee online using PAYPAL (http://atomacon.org/film-festival.html) before September 26th. No cash will be accepted at the door. No entry fees will be refunded.
- This film festival is juried based on length, content, and artistic integrity. You will be notified by October 3, 2014 if your film was accepted for screening.
- If we accept your film, you will receive one free AtomaCon weekend pass!
- You will also be allowed a discounted price of $25/weekend pass for up to 4 cast and crew members.
- Fan Films – These films or webisodes take place in an pre-established universe (a la Star Wars, Doctor Who, or Game of Thrones) They can be original fan concepts or an adaptation of expanded universe content.
- Original Films– These films or webisodes are entirely original and are not set in a pre-existing fandom.
- Micro Films – These can be original or fandom, but they must have a running time of under 2 minutes.
- Best Original Film
- Best Fan Film
- Best Micro Film
- Best Student Film
- Additional awards may be given at the judge’s will.
PRIZE: Lifetime Membership to Scripped, Two weekend passes to AtomaCon 2015. Other prizes to be added.